WATCH: Exclusive pack opening of the Pokemon TCG Sun & Moon Celestial Storm expansion with GX rares
- We unbox a pre-release box and 36 new booster packs of Celestial Storm cards
- This is an exclusive look as the expansion doesn’t release in the UK until August 3
- The expansion focuses mainly on the Hoenn region and has 168 cards available
- There are 11 new GX cards and three new Prism Stars for Latios, Latias and Jirachi
We got an exclusive hands on with the new Pokemon TCG expansion pack ‘Sun and Moon Celestial Storm’ which is currently unreleased. The packs will hit shelves in the UK on Friday August 3.
We opened 36 booster packs and a pre-release box which added up to over 400 cards. There are 168 cards available with 11 beautiful GX cards plus three new Prism Stars – a new type of rarity which was introduced in Forbidden Light.
Celestial Storm focuses around Pokemon from Hoenn (generation three) but there are also several cards from Alola (generation seven) – many of whom can be see in our pack opening.
We got our hands on the English version of the new Pokemon TCG Celestial Storm expansion
We opened up 36 booster packs and a pre-release box for a grand total of over 400 cards
Scroll down for video:
Each booster pack contains 10 cards with at least one rare and one basic energy card. Meanwhile, every pre-release box comes with four booster packs and a 23-card Evolution pack which includes one of four exclusive foil cards.
The boxes are designed so that all you need to add are energy cards in order to have a deck which is ready to play. These are only available at pre-release tournaments which are taking place all across the nation between July 21–29.
To help you prepare for said tournaments, here are some trainer tips to possibly give you an edge on your opponents:
· Open your four booster packs and see what cards you get. You could find a Pokémon-GX or other powerful cards to add to your deck – just remember that some Pokémon-GX are Evolution Pokémon, so you will need their earlier stages to play them.
· Try to focus on a few Evolution chains to build your deck around. Usually it’s a good idea to play as many copies of your chosen Basic Pokémon and its Evolutions as you can.
· Include a variety of Trainer cards – these are important for gaining an advantage over your opponent.
· Energy cards are crucial for powering up your Pokémon, so make sure you leave room for around 15–20 in your deck. Try to stick to two or three Energy types, or you may not be able to find the ones you need during battle.
· In Sun & Moon Celestial Storm, you may find some cards that get sent to the Lost Zone. Cards that go to the Lost Zone are unavailable for the rest of the game and cannot be brought back. It’s a good idea to put your Lost Zone cards above your Prize cards, so it is obvious that they aren’t in play.
The texts, information and opinions published in the space are the sole responsibility of the author. Therefore, they do not necessarily correspond to the E-Sports Plus’ point of view.
Os textos, informações e opiniões publicados neste espaço são de total responsabilidade do(a) autor(a). Logo, não correspondem, necessariamente, ao ponto de vista do E-Sports Plus.