League of Legends Season 9 is just around the corner. Season 8 comes to an end soon, so patch 9.1 has hit the PBE to give you an early look at the first changes heading to the game in the new season.
For the most part, balance changes look pretty minimal. There are a couple of tweaks to Fiora, Kalista, and Katarina, as well as adjustments to Hail of Blades and Shield Bash. The biggest set of changes comes to Ornn, however. The Fire Below the Mountain gets two new Masterwork items and a tweak to his passive allowing him to craft items for his team, as well as changes across the entirety of his kit that are sure to impact his competitive viability.
When it comes to skins, the Blood Moon line sees several additions this patch. Aatrox, Sivir, and Pyke join one of the most populous skin lines in the entire game. If that weren’t enough, Aatrox also follows in the fancy footsteps of K/DA, with a Prestige Edition version of his brand-new skin.
League of Legends Patch 9.1 Release Date and Downtime
We don’t have an exact release date for patch 9.1, but patches arrive on a bi-weekly schedule, so expect it on Wednesday, December 19. There’s a slim chance that the release is disrupted by Riot’s Christmas break, but that’s more likely to affect patch 9.2.
League of Legends patch 9.1 Champion Changes
Ashe – changed
- Hawkshot (E):
- Hawkshot grants Ashe assists on enemy champions that it reveals, but only if they were otherwise unseen.
Caitlyn – buffed
- Piltover Peacemaker (Q):
- Damage increased to 50/90/130/170/210 from 30/70/110/150/190. Wide shot damage changed to 40% less damage from 33% less damage.
- Ace in the Hole (R):
- Target range increased to 3500 units at all ranks from 2000/2500/3000 units.
Corki – buffed
- Missile Barrage (R):
- Damage increased to 90/115/140 from 75/100/125.
Fiora – buffed
- Duelist’s Dance (P):
- Movement speed decay increased to 2 seconds from 1.5 seconds.
Jinx – buffed
- Zap! (W):
- Zap’s cast time now decreases as Jinx gains attack speed.
Kalista – changed
- Base AD
- Increased to 67 from 62.
- AD per level
- increased to 4 from 3.6
- Attack speed per level
- Increased to 4 from 3.5
- Pierce (Q):
- Damage increased to 20/85/150/215/280 from 10/70/130/190/250.
- Sentinel (W):
- No longer gains AD when near Oathsworn.
Katarina – changed
- Shunpo (E):
- Teleport time changed to 0 second delay from 0.075 second delay (total cast time unchanged).
League of Legends patch 9.1 Rune Changes
Celerity – buffed
- Movement bonus effectiveness
- Increased to 10% from 8%.
Shield Bash – buffed
- Increased to 5-30 from 4-21
Hail of Blades – buffed
- Attack speed
- Increased to 110% from 75%.
- Attacks that are resets do not count towards this cap.
- Attack speed increased to 10% from 9%.
League of Legends patch 9.1 other changes
- Outer turret Armor and Magic Resist after Turret Plating falloff increased from 0 to 40
- Turret destruction and first turret local gold is divided among nearby champions and nearby Assisters for the turret kill.
Blood Moon Aatrox – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Blood Moon Aatrox also comes with a golden Prestige Edition:
Blood Moon Pyke – 1350 RP
Here’s his splash:
Blood Moon Sivir – 1350 RP
Here’s her splash:
League of Legends patch 9.1 Login Theme
Every League of Legends patch comes with its own Login Theme. They’re all fairly excellent, and patch 9.1’s is no exception. It’s based on Snowdown 2018.
That’s everything we have to show you in League of Legends patch 9.1. Make sure to check back for patch 9.2 in the very near future.
The texts, information and opinions published in the space are the sole responsibility of the author. Therefore, they do not necessarily correspond to the E-Sports Plus’ point of view.
Os textos, informações e opiniões publicados neste espaço são de total responsabilidade do(a) autor(a). Logo, não correspondem, necessariamente, ao ponto de vista do E-Sports Plus.