PUBG Xbox One patch notes revealed as Battlegrounds goes offline for update
- PUBG’s Xbox One version has received an update, though the game is offline
- Many key gameplay, graphical and performance changes will be implemented
- The hit shooter video game has sold millions of copies throughout the world
PUBG players were recently greeted with both good news and bad news.
The good news is that the game’s new Xbox One version will be receiving a major update.
The bad news? The popular video game is still offline as the new update is implemented.
‘Xbox Players: We apologise for the inconvenience.
PUBG players were recently greeted with both good news and bad news. The good news is that the game’s new Xbox One version will be receiving a major update
‘Due to an unforeseen issue the live server maintenance has been extended for an additional hour,’ game developer Bluehole stated in a Twitter post.
As players get ready for the game to come back online, here’s a quick look at the patch notes for the update and information about what PUBG is.
PUBG update patch notes
The following changes are reportedly slated to be implemented into the hit video game soon:
- BP exchange has been added to weapon skins.
- Pressing the Y button while hovering over the weapon skin in the inventory will then exchange that weapon skin for BP.
- Only one skin can be exchanged for BP at a time. BP exchange price will be variable.
- The preview button is now the ≡ button.
- Graphical settings on the Xbox One X have been toned down on a temporary basis to address framerate issues.
- Shadow quality lowered
- Motion Blur disabled
- Decrease quality of Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
- Disabled off Depth of Field
- Disabled off Lens Flare
- Decreased Eyes Adaption Quality
- Post Processing
- Disabled Screen Space Reflection (SSR)
- Refraction has been disabled
- Particle Light has been disabled
- Disabled Subsurface Scattering (SSS)
- Overall number of particles created has been lowered
- Optimized inventory in the Customization menu in the lobby
- Glory – AKM, Glory – UMP9, Trifecta – Scar-L, Trifecta – Micro UZI and Trifecta – P92 have all been added in the Store.
- Fixed an issue where a ‘Lost connection to host’ error would pop up onscreen when connecting into a match after previously cancelling the matchmaking process.
- Fixed an issue where the Russian and Uzbek languages were displayed incorrectly.
What is PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, generally just called PUBG, is an online action-shooter video game both developed and published by the PUBG Corporation. To date, it’s believed to have sold at least 50 million copies.
Much like the wildly-popular video game Fortnite, PUBG is a battle royale video game that seamlessly blends shooter gameplay with survival game elements as gamers battle it out in 100-player matches while scavenging for weapons and equipment as the safe areas of the map steadily decrease in size.
The hit video game was introduced for Steam’s early access beta program in March 2017 and can now be played on iOS and Microsoft Windows. It was also recently released on Xbox One earlier in September 2018.
The texts, information and opinions published in the space are the sole responsibility of the author. Therefore, they do not necessarily correspond to the E-Sports Plus’ point of view.
Os textos, informações e opiniões publicados neste espaço são de total responsabilidade do(a) autor(a). Logo, não correspondem, necessariamente, ao ponto de vista do E-Sports Plus.